Every day do your best, Allah will do the rest

Idyllic village next to beautiful mountain

Wash your heart every morning with salat, then warm it up with dhikr. Begin each day with faith in you heart, and know that no matter how steep the mountain, Allah is with you as you climb. Every day do your best, Allah will do the rest.

Wael Abdelgawad is an Egyptian-American living in Fresno, California. He is the founder of several Islamic websites, including Zawaj.com and IslamicAnswers.com, and also of various technology and travel websites. He is a writer and poet, and has been a web developer since 1997. This project, IslamicSunrays.com, is very dear to his heart, as it has allowed him to express ideas that have growing inside him for many years. Wael is divorced and has one lovely young daughter. He practices and teaches martial arts (somewhat obsessively), and loves Islamic books, science fiction, and vanilla fudge ice cream. Wael is an advocate for human rights and blogs about these issues at AbolishTorture.com. He is also a volunteer with the MyDeen Muslim youth organization in Fresno. Wael tagged this post with: , , , , Read 266 articles by

When I began to do wudu and gushl, I said to my friend, you are cleaning yourself, to be pure to receive our Lord(swt) from outside, but how do you clean your Heart? How do you make gushl of the Heart?

While walking, I am constantly surprised, people that I would never expected appear in my life from almost everywhere, people which Hearts shines showing me the next step to take in the path, Alhamdulillah.

Allah(swt) get close to us in infinite ways, today a brise, tomorrow a person, the day after a message, a flower or a smile, who knows, maybe silence for a while, reading and reflecting, meditate and exercise, cleaning the house and cooking, being with family and have fun, all of this are blessings that we are able to appreciate everyday more due to our encounter with Him(swt), we have Him(swt) everywhere, from inside to outside, then doing our best, we are acknowledging His Presence as Omnipresent, Alhamdulillah.

Thank you very much for sharing.

This picture is absolutely beautiful, I love it!

The quote is spot on too Wael, thanks for lovely thought for every new day.

3. UmmSarah says:

This post is like a green tea for me, detoxifying. There are a few moments when I’m in Zen like state, total serene and I am able to actually see how everything is so transient and indeed, Allah is behind it all.

“Wash your heart every morning with salat, then warm it up with dhikr.

Every day do your best, Allah will do the rest.”

***
    When those around me try to knock me down, when they try to break my thoughts, my dreams and all those things that make me smile, all I can do is keep trying, keep climbing, keep confirming my thoughts, keep laying another brick, one by one – my effort will become my forte. No-one can break my soul, no-one can take away my dreams. I will keep knocking on Allah’s Door, He(swt) will answer me and He(swt) will make my difficulty easy. I believe He(swt) will because the Prophet(sws) said: “When Allah desires good for someone, He tries him with hardships’. (Sahih Al Bukhari).

5. Susan says:

Salam,
    I think your notes are very nice and inspiring, but very hard to live by. May Allah help us and give us the power to live as he wants us, to not be dessapointed by our difficulties.
    Inshallah

Susan, thanks for your comment. I think these concepts are only hard in the beginning. Once you begin implementing them in your life and get used to them, you discover that you can’t imagine living any other way.

6. Bash says:

Masha Allaha this is a beautiful concept Wael.its absolutely the way God wants us to live by but the trials and tribulations are very sensitive in our daily lifes.its hard brother but I believe with cleansing our hearts we will sail away..
    Bash in Ghana