Fast 7-Step Cure for Depression by Dr. Bilal Philips

Sun rays shining through green trees

This is Dr. Bilal Philips‘s “Fast” cure for depression.

Do a complete focused fast on Mondays and Thursdays, and do the following:

1) Get up and read from the Quran in Arabic and English – “Inna fee Khalqis samaawati wal Ard” (Surat Aali Imraan, 3:191-end) and crying.

2) Make a focused wudu’ and pray Tahajjud, followed by:

3) a very light Suhoor (brown bread, olives and extra virgin olive oil + 2 table spoons full of canned tuna or one egg) followed by:

4) a day of focused sunnah and Fard prayers.

5) Utilize throughout the day any of the Prophetic du’aas requesting ease like:

“Allahumma laa sahla illaa maa ja’altahu sahlaa, wa anta taj’alus sa’ba in shi’ta sahlaa.”

(O Allah, nothing is easy except what you make easy, and You can make what is difficult easy if You wish)

As well as the other du’aas for depression like: Allaahumma rahmataka arjoo falaa takilnee ilaa nafsee tarfata ‘ayn. wa aslih lee sha’nee kullah. Laa ilaaha illaa Ant. (O Allah, it is Your mercy that I hope for, so don’t leave me in charge of my affairs even for the blinking of an eye. And rectify all of my affairs for me. Nothing has the right to be worshipped except You). – See Hisnul Muslim – the Muslim Fortress – for more.

6) Then break the fast with 3 dates and a glass of water and pray Maghrib;

7) Have a light Iftaar followed by a focused Ishaa prayer.

The depression should begin to lift, if not go altogether from the very first day of the Fast cure. It will work if you do it believing with all your heart, strongly that this Prophetic formula WORKS and the degree to which it does work depends on how seriously you take it and apply it.

Wael Abdelgawad is an Egyptian-American living in Fresno, California. He is the founder of several Islamic websites, including Zawaj.com and IslamicAnswers.com, and also of various technology and travel websites. He is a writer and poet, and has been a web developer since 1997. This project, IslamicSunrays.com, is very dear to his heart, as it has allowed him to express ideas that have growing inside him for many years. Wael is divorced and has one lovely young daughter. He practices and teaches martial arts (somewhat obsessively), and loves Islamic books, science fiction, and vanilla fudge ice cream. Wael is an advocate for human rights and blogs about these issues at AbolishTorture.com. He is also a volunteer with the MyDeen Muslim youth organization in Fresno. Wael tagged this post with: , , , , , Read 245 articles by
  1. wafa says:

There needs to be some hardship in our lives to actually take note of who we are as individuals and what life is really about. Humans are very egotestical unfortunately.. However, when we search our souls we find that we are spiritual beings. We just need to reflect on life and accept our fate for what it is. Do our best to be honest, loyal and loving to all we come across. Allah karim, love with come when you least expect it.

You know what I find so therapeutical: The time before Iftar. I do not like to mention about any of my voluntary worship as it needs so much improvement and is very little. But I am mentioning this so I explain how I feel at Iftar. Sometimes I have fasted voluntarily only because I so eagerly want to make dua at Iftar time. I feel so close to Allah at this time, as though its just me and Him(swt).

JazakhAllah for posting this article though, I will use some of these tips on my trip soon inshaAllah as my aim is to strengthen my connection with Allah through prayer.

• María M says:

To be able to enjoy the Beauty of Creation, and to open ourselves to the world are other ways of strengthening our bonds too, there is a silent conversation between us and Allah(swt) when we are one with Nature.

Just a thought.

María

• María M says:

Today I was reading about the risk of confusing God with Creation, and that this is a sin of asociation, I hope my words yesterday weren´t misunderstood, insha´Allah.

Sister Z, you are an example of pious, religious woman to me, Masha´Allah, you open my eyes in many ways, Alhamdulillah.

María

• SisterZ says:

Dear Maria, I didnt misunderstand your words at all. It is a blessing for us to appreciate the beauty of Allah’s creation :O).

And, it is so very sweet and kind of you to think so highly of me (blush blush), but really I am not worthy of such praise. Allah knows best :O). I am just a normal striving struggling woman with dreams and ambitions, obstacles and opportunities and strengths and weaknesses. I have a long way to go inshaAllah!

May Allah bless all us women with traits of Aasiya, Maryam, Khadija, Aisha and Fatima – peace be upon them all.

Moi :O)
          x

• María M says:

Alhamdulillah.

Ameen to your prayer, my beloved Sister.

I really like that french touch.

María

3. Chronic says:

What if ur unable to fast due to medical reasons?

Follow your doctor’s advice. If you cannot fast due to medical reasons, there are various things you can do to make up for it.

Wael

• Syed Shafiullah says:

Then i would request you to Do Sadaqa , In sha Allaah . here is a brief importance of Sadaqa

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Spend of that with which We have provided for you, before a Day comes when there will be no bargaining, nor friendship, nor intercession. And it is the disbelievers who are the Zaalimoon (wrongdoers)”
      [al-Baqarah 2:254]

“The likeness of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allaah, is as the likeness of a grain (of corn); it grows seven ears, and each ear has a hundred grains. Allaah gives manifold increase to whom He wills. And Allaah is All-Sufficient for His creatures’ needs, All-Knower.

262. Those who spend their wealth in the Cause of Allaah, and do not follow up their gifts with reminders of their generosity or with injury, their reward is with their Lord. On them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve”

[al-Baqarah 2:261-262]

“O you who believe! Spend of the good things which you have (legally) earned, and of that which We have produced from the earth for you, and do not aim at that which is bad to spend from it, (though) you would not accept it save if you close your eyes and tolerate therein. And know that Allaah is Rich (Free of all needs), and Worthy of all praise”

[al-Baqarah 2:267]

“Believe in Allaah and His Messenger (Muhammad), and spend of that whereof He has made you trustees. And such of you as believe and spend (in Allaah’s way), theirs will be a great reward”

[al-Hadeed 57:7]

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever gives charity equal to a date from good (halal) earnings – for Allaah does not accept anything but that which is good – Allaah will take it in His right hand and tend it for the one who gave it as any one of you tends his foal, until it becomes like a mountain.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1344; Muslim, 1014.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no day on which the people get up but two angels come down and one of them says, ‘O Allaah, give in compensation to the one who spends (in charity),’ and the other says, ‘O Allaah, destroy the one who withholds.’”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1374; Muslim, 1010.

It was narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out – on Eid al-Fitr or Eid al-Adha – to the prayer place, and when he had finished (the prayer) he preached to the people and enjoined them to give charity. He said, “O people, give in charity!” Then he went over to the women and said, “O women, give in charity for I have seen that you are the majority of the people of Hell.” When he went home, Zaynab the wife of Ibn Mas’ood came seeking permission to see him. It was said, “O Messenger of Allaah, here is Zaynab.” He said, “Which Zaynab?” It was said, “The wife of Ibn Mas’ood.” He said, “Yes, let her in.” So they let her in and she said, “O Prophet of Allaah, today you enjoined charity, and I have some jewellery which I wanted to give in charity, but Ibn Mas’ood claims that he and his child have more right to receive it in charity.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Give it in charity to Ibn Mas’ood, for your husband and your child have the most right that you should give it to them in charity.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1393; Muslim, 80.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah said: ‘Spend, O son of Adam, and I shall spend on you.’”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5073; Muslim, 993.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

4. HMS says:

Assalam-aleik brother

Thanks for posting this article, May Allah greatly reward you for this.

Please i am suffering from depression for 2 yrs now, after i lost my dad, my job and the man who is about to marry me. I attempted to kill myself twice but couldnt because Allah said He will punish anyone who does it. It is so difficult for me to cope with life and the problem is, bad things keep happening to me inspite of doing most of the things you wrote. Now i am loosing hope in Allah and feel so lazy to pray with the thought that it wont come out right for me. I am loosing my eeman because everything is getting worst. I want to die and rest, please help me…

• María M says:

As salamu alaykum, Sister HMS,

First of all, pleae forgive me because you are not asking for my comment, but I hope you don´t mind I do it.

Please make this dua in the morning and in the afternoon, you will see changes soon, insha´Allah.

Allaahumma innee (If you are male add: ‘abduka wa ibn abdika ibn amatika; if, however, you are female add: amatuka wa bintu abdika wa bintu amatika), naasiyatee bi yadika qadhin fiyya hukmuka ‘adlun fiyya qadhaa’uka as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fee kitaabika aw allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fee ilm al-ghaybi indaka an taj’ala al-Qur’ana al-rabee’a qalbee wa noora basaree wa jilaa’a huznee wa dhahaaba hammee

(O Allah, I am your servant, son/daughter of your servant, my forelock is under your firm grips, Your decree in my case is sure to be realized, and Your judgment is just. I ask of You by invoking every single name that you possess, with which You have called Yourself, or You have revealed in Your scripture or You have instructed any of Your creation or You have kept hidden with Yourself in the knowledge of the unseen realities to make the Qur’an the spring of my hearts, light of my eyes, and dispeller of my grief and remover of my anxieties).

The other day, I told a friend, Allah(swt) Almighty is so Merciful and Compassionate, that He(swt) is always waiting for us to go to him, even if we go crawling, He(swt) is there watching us and going closer to us to make it easier. Sister, even when you think you don´t have the strength, you have it, you wrote here to let us know about your Presence, Alhamdulillah.

Allahu Akbar, Alhamdulillah, Subhana´Allah, Bismillah, …Sister little by little get closer to Allah(swt) and all this black clouds from the past will melt to let you see the sunshining behind them, insha´Allah.

Please, believe me that the solution to your problem is to live and focus on your relationship to Allah(swt) this bond will bring you back to real life full of Light, insha´Allah.

You have a life waiting for you to get ready, time to recover, strengthen your foundations and build up the woman you are called to be, insha´Allah.

There is a link, IslamicAnswers.com where you can find links on duas, tawbah, …there, many people shares their problems and are open to others advices, maybe useful to take a look, insha´Allah.

Recite the Names of Allah, will help you deeply insha´Allah.

May Allah(swt) guide our steps to the straight Path. Ameen.

From Heart to Heart,

María

HMS, wa alaykum as-salam,

I’m sorry to hear about the hardship you have experienced. Of course death comes to all people, and we all lose our parents one day. But to have so many unfortunate things happen to you at once, must have been very hard. Allah tells us in the Quran, “Inna ma’ al-usri yusraa,” – “Surely with every difficulty comes ease.” Look for the blessings in your life, even if they are small. Be grateful for what you have been given. Find someone you can talk to about your problems, someone kind with a sympathetic ear, maybe even a professional counselor.

Don’t despair. Be positive, and trust Allah, and good things will happen to you, Insha’Allah.

Wael

• Marie says:

Assalamu aleykum my beloved sister,

I apologize for language mistakes since I am German ;)
      I was suffering from depression too and I know how it feels to feel like nothing makes sense anymore and you feel like you are never going to be happy again. To suffer from depression is one of the hardest bala`, wallahu `alam. Please, please don`t lose your faith in Allah. I know you are going through a hard time and it feels horrible. If one is sick and not depressed its less hard than beeing healthy and depressed, because if you feel depressed you can`t enjoy the blessings from Allah. I felt lazy too with worshipping and I didn`t know how to get out of it. You know what, Shaitan likes the way you are feeling and he would love to see you losingyour faith. Don`t give him what he wants. Pray and make Dua, even if you don`t feel like it, make dhikr even if your tounge and your heart seem heavy. After some time you will start to feel better insha Allah and you will like to pray and make Dua. The first time is hard but its worth it. Do not wait until you feel like making Dua or praying! You will feel like it after you started. These are the first steps. It maybe necessary to consult a physician as well. Depression is a serious desease and nothing to feel ashamed of. You may need medication. I was suffering from depression for 1 1/2 years. I went to the doctors but decided to try it without medication first. and alhamdulillah I am feeling much much better now by strenghening my bond with Allah (the most important!!) some light sport, healthier food. Don`t give up, do small steps !! I know you may not believe me, but insha Allah you will be happy again. Nobody who did`nt suffer from depression knows how it is, really. I make Dua for you. No matter what, never doubt Allah. He knows more than anyone how you feel and He will reward you for your suffering and for turning to Him in this hard time, insha Allah. Pray, “talk” to Him (He knows all your thoughts but still we`re humans and sometimes need to spell it out). May Allah guide you and bless you my sister, I love you in Allah and I`ll pray for you. Feel hugged!! And may Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong, amin. Don`t give up!!!!!

• Marie says:

Salam, I wrote that I suffered from depression for 1 1/2 years, but that doesn`t mean that it took this time to get better, no. My depression had different stages and it took some time to realize that I was actually suffering from depression. You`ll get better soon insha Allah :)

• AISHA says:

Masha Allah those are very sweet and simple words that you have said and I truly agree with the little ways you have put .
        I am suffering from depression as my husband of 21 years of marriage has married to a younger woman ,i am seeing the love he is losing for me and the interest he is losing in the family.
        He says that he loves us too much, but we hardly see him at home as he is away giving time to her.
        I can’t take this anymore and I wanted to seek an advice from any learned person in Islam.
        I want to move away from his life and live my life with my children. He is asking me to accept his second marriage, but I refuse to accept it,firstly is it alright not to accept and secondly is it alright if I move away from his life?
        Will this move of mine make me believe that I was not patient under this calamity?
        Please reply as I am very confused.

5. HMS says:

Salam aleikum,

Thanks very much Sister Marie and Brother Wael for your advice. I really appreciate it and promise to make good use of it. I know that insha Allah i’ll get out of this depression problems if i take your advices seriously.

Sister marie, i say alhamdulillah that you perfectly understand my situation and thanks again for making dua for me, i really felt hugged indeed :) Insha Allah i wont give up and i will find all the strength and courage in this world to do all that you asked of me.

Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah for coming across this page on the net, for having the courage to post my problem, and for getting the best solution to my problem. I feel i’m reconnecting with Allah again and also, gaining His blessings.

Thanks brother Weal and sister Marie, Allah’s blessings will abundantly be with you always.

Salam
    HMS

• Marie says:

Salam aleykum sister,

alhamdulillah, I couldn`t be happier to hear about your progress :)
      Just know that you may suffer some small setbacks while fighting against depression (at least I experienced this), even than don`t give up, turn to Allah and you`ll recover soon insha Allah. Take small but steady steps. It is a fight indeed, against your depression, yourself and against shaitan who likes you to stay like this, but Allah will make it easy, insha Allah. I`ll keep making Dua for you insha Allah. You are not alone. Alhamdulillah that there are brothers and sisters who post such useful articles like this. Jazahum Allahu khairan.
      Allah ma`ki sister. May Allah restore your health soon and may you come out of this depression stronger, happier, healthier and closer to Allah than before, amin. You are in my thoughts and prayers insha Allah.

Salam
      Marie

6. TL says:

Assala mu alaikum,

Your posts are very nice, I’m also suffering from Depression and Anxiety disorder, I wanted to end my life, cause I was feeling worthless, in my head it tells me that I will never find a curen I knew its from Shaytan, but Allah is the strongest please pray that I also recover from depression and help in with the deen of Allah, for Allah sake. I just want to be happy. Jazaaka Allah

• María M says:

As salamu alaykum, TL,

When we submit completely to Allah(swt) Will, we enter fully into the healing process.

Eat balanced, full of life, colours and alive (fresh), increase the intake of food rich in vitamine B in your diet, greens, whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts, good quality animal protein, …

Exercise, learn to breath from your belly, yoga, taichi, chikung, walking, stretching, ..anything that makes you feel awake and full of energy.

Expose yourself to daylight everyday, sunlight heals and it is necessary for our metabolism.

Enjoy green landscapes, gardens, places where you can feel the pulse of Life.

Try to find a middle way in the emotions, not too high or too low.

Attitude, I´m in your Hands my Lord doing my best, help and guide me to be my best.

Enjoy family and friends, count on your blessings.

Be one in thought, word and act. If your thoughts are too far from your acts, give yourself a time to find a balance between both of them.

Find that “something” where you can go for excellence, don´t be in a hurry, just be open to it, that something that has called you all your life, maybe not important to others but special and meaningful to you.

I hope this helps, insha´Allah.

Wasalam

7. TL says:

Walikum salaam maria thanks alot, but its hard, first of all may Allah bless you for being so kind and caring, but no offence was your depression the same or was it mild?

8. Marie says:

Wa aleykum assalam dear brother or sister,

as I already wrote, I too suffered from depression. I can just give you the same advice I already gave above(note: I am not a doctor, scholar or anything like that, I am just a muslim, who sufferd from depression and knows how horrible this feels). I will pray for you insha Allah. May Allah take you out of this black hole you are in and may He restore your mental health soon. Please consult a physician if you feel, you can`t handle your depression by yourself. There is medicine against depression, ask a doctor you trust. Depression is a really serious issue.
    You said, you feel worthless. How can you be worthless? You are worthy, you are honored, because Allah allmighty created you. In Surat At-tin stands: “We have certainly created man (human) in the best of stature (moulds)”. So firstly you have worth and honor because you are a human beeing. In the Quran stands also (Surat 5, Vers 32) in other words, that if one kills a human it is like he would kill the whole humanity, and if he saves a human it is like he saved the whole humanity (this is not the whole aya and I wrote it in my own words!!, please read it yourself in the Quran). And secondly you have honor because you believe in Allah and His prophet. There are many verses and hadiths I can`t quote now, which indicate the special status of a believer and humans in general. I found this in the net
    I pray that this is a trial which leads you to a strong Iman and a strong bond with Allah. May He give you patience and may this trial and your turning to Allah in this hard time be your key to paradise, amin.

Take small steps to strenghen your bond with Allah. Sometimes its hardly possible to change all things at ones and it may be better to change small things but stick to it (there is also a hadith on this topic, bur I can`t quote ist now, sorry). Think about the most important things. For example if you don`t pray the daily prayers, start now and stick to it. If you did, start to pray some sunnah prayers or read Quran, maybe just 3 pages a day and think about what you read. Small but steady you`ll change insha Allah. You know best, what you can may have to change. Sometimes we try to change too much too fast and suddenly stop because we are overwhelmed, which is totally normal. I once heard that it takes 21 days until an action becomes a habit. So if you change one thing, even small, every 3 weeks, or let it be every month , you can gain 12 wonderful habits a year, which will change you for the better insha Allah. It really works greaqt with me. We will always find something to change, we are humans and never perfect, but I think we should work on becoming better. Our life is so precious and the only option to work on ourselfs and to gain hasanat . Ramadan is near, so a great opportunity to change our hearts for the better insha Allah.

Since I am not a scholar, you may double check the Quran-Verses and its meanings or ask someone who has knowledge.

Allah knows best
    Take care,
    Marie

• Amani says:

Jzk Allah so much for your precious advice urty marie.
      Im feeling so much better. After feeling so down for verylong now. Everyday I used to do something and then stopped which helped me to overcome the the low mood feeling. I used to write down 5 things I ve done for Allah. Weither big or small could be from doing salah on time, Eating healthy, doing dzikr , doing housework. Everything you would do with the intention to please Allah. now I will doing it again. To bring me closer to Allah. Jzk Allah again urty. I feel much better.

9. HMS says:

Assalamu Alaikum,

I agree with sister Marie, we have to begin somewhere to regain our true selves once again. TL, i was on the verge of committing suicide when i came across this page and pour out my sorrows. Fortunately for me, i got good advice and did my best to heed and practice it. Alhamdulillah, i am growing out of this darkness little by little.

Depression is depression no matter how mild or strong it is, its just the way you handle it that makes it difficult for you to control. Honestly, up till now i sometimes feel it strongly but i pray and quickly get it out of my mind. I know that so far as i practice the advises given to me, with time and prayers, i’ll overcome this awful situation.

Please TL, just have faith and hope that you will one day be yourself again and let Allah always be in your mind and everything you do, do what you are told to do and pray also, and insha Allah, you will be healed. I am trying hard to get better, so try too.

May Allah bless us all.

10. TL says:

jazaaka Allah to both of you sisters, may Allah reward you, inshaa Allah i will try, and ward off this depression from my life, it’s nice to talk about these problems cause it gives me relief, sister maria and hms i’ll try my best jazaaka Allah.

I had saw in a video that depression is shaytans work, as he wants to harm us and cause us to go to hell with him. Allah knows best

11. TL says:

please watch this, its really helpful

12. abdul says:

The primary reason for our creation is to worship Allah Alone, any misfortune that happens to us is part of trials in life, we are destined to lose one or two important things in life but the bottom line is how we are gonna deal with it. Always have faith in Allah and ask for his mercy at all times. Allah be with us all. Ameen.

13. Aa says:

Aslamoalakum
    I’m suffering from this evil problem and I can not describe how I fell. I am married to a wonderful and lovely lady who is gift from God and have three healthy kids and have really good job . But for past 6weeks I’m feeling like this. It is awful and unbearable feeling don’t know why it’s happening with me . One good thing happens to me is that I come closer to Allah I started praying and making duas for every one . If this depression is a trick of a shay tan then he must be kicking himself because this problem bring me to the right path.
    If I can not controll this problem then I might end up with out the job and I don’t want to give up this job for sake of my my kids and family . My mrs is lovely bless her she is very supportive and understanding and I have full faith in Allah tha he will bring me out of this problem . I’ll inshallah start this 7 step cure from Monday and inshallah it will help me toward speedy recovery.
    I request all my sisters and brothers to pray for me and I will pray for every one who are suffering for speedy recovery …….

Please pray for me

14. nn says:

assalaamalekum…i m going through a veery tough time …..have seprated from my husband and living with my partents because he used to hit me …and used to trouble me a lot ,,,,he also confessed that he always wanted that some how or the other i should leave his house n go…but now he is sorry for what ever he has done and says that he has changed and i should give him a last chance…though i have given him many chances…but he has never changed…..n one more thing that his mother goes to mulla for doing something or the other for her daughters so that their son in law dont trouble her daughters….now when my husband treated me very badly she went to a mulla and got some thing n asked me despite of asking his son to use the tabeez and do other things…..n then after that we guys are seprated … n some mulla says that the area means my husband and i stay has a female jinn …dont know what to do .. feel life i should stay seprately with my hubby but the next thought comes into my mind that i should not take him away with his parents …and if i do that that would be wrong on my part ….dont know wht to do ..just because of this my professional life has also suffered…i left the job…plz guide me with ur advice plz as soon as possible

• Amy says:

Salaams,

Brother Wael has a separate website for answering questions like yours. It is: IslamicAnswers.com. I invite you to come to that site and submit your question, and insha’Allah you will get valuable advice from the editors and readers.

In short, don’t ever return to a man who is violent. I don’t know of one case where such a man has truly ridded himself of that tendency.

15. MNIM says:

I think maybe I was born depressed. And these days I’m beginning to think maybe this is actually possible.

For as long as I remember I have felt sad and angry.

I thought Islam would help me feel better.

I have tried everything. Prayer, du’a, fasting, Qur’an.

I still feel terrible.

I think this article is over simplified. And it may be written by someone who has never even experienced depression though I could be wrong.

At one point I fasted every single sunnah fast.

I’ve always fasted Ramadan.

This past Ramadan I felt the worst I have ever felt in my life. On the first day of this blessed month, I fell asleep convinced killing myself was the best option.

Obviously, I’m still here.

I hate myself and the way I feel. I feel Islam has let me down. I’m still Muslim but now I am considering therapy and medication.

I don’t know what else to do.

I don’t want to feel this way.

I want to feel better but I don’t know how.

If everything has been written, then so too our happiness and misery.

Maybe Allah just doesn’t want me to be happy.

16. hasan says:

Assalaam alaikum brothers and sisters,

Mashallah this webpage really helpful jazakallah for setting up this page,
    Alhamdulilah my life is great Allah had blessed me with so much in my i have no compliance. i am working for a bpo and im a graduate and have few friends and alhamdulilah i am a very stronge beliver of islam mashallah i does offer namaz and trying to learn more about profit’s peace be upon him sunnah.

I have few things that bothers me sometimes i would like to share it with you please help me to come out of this,

I Have these troubles since i was small now i am 26 there’s a feeling in my heart that my parents does’nt thaught me a social life how to connect with people my mother she’s shy and stays all the time at home afraid of going out avoid interacting with people but she does all house wife work alhamdulilah im happy about it but these things had effected me at certain extended

First of all i have some unknown fears that i could’nt really describe that
    1 im not expressive or i cant speak with open heart in public or in group or with a friend …this thing always make me uncomfortable
    2 im really emotional and nervous affraid of fights if someone crack jokes i take it very serious and personel and feel uncomfortable and does’nt handle insult or disrespect.
    3 i some time feels lack self confidence and low self esteem but alhamdulilah mentally and physically strong i focus on something i can accomplish that.
    4 if i meet a new person i can’t keep the conversation for long time , i keep quite most of time and that sicelanceness makes me feel bad.

i humble request all my brothers and sisters to share their inputs to improve my situations inshallah i have a Believe and hope from Allah he’ll make my worries go away soon.

Jazakallah for reading Allah pak accept and fullfill all of us dua’s ameen.

• Fahmi says:

If you cannot communicate thro the spoken words communicate with the written words . Write endlessly ,spill it out .

• muslim says:

Assalamu alaikum brother,

sorry for answering that late, I just discovered this page a few minutes ago and inshaAllah if there is any benefit for you in my answer you are still going to read it, inshaAllah.

brother, mashaAllah, first I wanted to congratulate you for taking a heart and writing this down here. I could imagine that it’s easier for you through the internet because you don’t know us and we are not face to face but still you took a first step to open up to others and this is definitively sth worth.

There was a time when I had similiar problems (but maybe due to other reasons?) ..I could write down my own story but it’s really long, – actually it’s a whole life story up to where I am now ..and I don’t even know if you can relate to it a llittle bit so I’m skipping it for you. Maybe it already helps you if I write down some things I’ve taken from it..

The following were reasons for me to have problems in my communication, I don’t know if any of this goes for you, so please don’t feel offended, I’m just listing and trying to help, inshaAllah.

I guess if you feel – for any reason – that you are essentially different from others – inside, it stops you from open yourself up. Somehow you maybe feel there is something inside of you that nobody would understand so you can’t be open about yourself (maybe your reactions to certain things/topics, as well?) and have a whole heart conversation with someone. This was my sitaution for a while, and if the same goes for you, I want to share some points.. first: if this is the case with you than – as difficult as it seems in the beginning – try to talk to people that you trust the most (as a person and religiously) – your parents maybe or a friend? about it. Once you open up and try to explain that you are different and the reasons you think why this is the case it gives you release, because they know that you are different and you can be open about your opinions/feelings/…
      And second: (always on condition that this applies to you at all, of course) if you are open about what is inside of you – and maybe it’s sth bad? – if you are open about it, you may be surprised to discover how many people may have the same thing you have. And whatever it is – For everything there is a cure, and with the help of Allah you can fix really EVERYthing – because Allah is almighty, remember? :)
      So if this is your case.. open yourself up to someone you trust, seek advice from honest people and pray to Allah that He shows you how to come out of it. And: most important: be sincere. To the people you talk to, whom you seek advise from ..otherwise they will never be able to really help you. And even much more important: be sincere to yourself, so you don’t confuse yourself – and you can be sincere towards Allah

Also, you wrote you have low self esteem.. Why? What makes you think that?

Maybe you think you are not as open, as funny, as intelligent, as ..whatever as people around you, – but I really don’t believe that, and this are not just words. There is something special about you.
      The fact alone that You were created by ALLAH, the master, creator of the universe proves this!! He created so many plants, pebbles, animals – did you know the number of ants on this earth is far greater than the number of humans? And He chose you to be a human being, though He could have made you easily be an ant ..or a pebble or a just a dust particle. But He created you as a human, gifted you with this life, with the opportunity to live a life that pleases Him so that He can gift you even more and let you enter His paradise for ever.. This is Allah! And you think you are not special to Him ?
      Not only that .. He made you a believer ! How many millions and millions human being are out there not knowing where they’re heeding in life, what they’re living for ..and He made You a believer! And furthermore you are part of the ummah of Muhammad sas, of the best of creation!! ..wait, watch this video inshaAllah: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjioN1ooLRc – especially the part from 05:45 to 08:45.. brother, and you think you are not blessed and honoured and special ? There is no need for you to have low self esteem, Allah gives us so incredibly much blessings, opportunities ..the only ones limiting ourselves are OUR SELVES. And I’m sure shaytan also likes that.. that we belittle ourselves, so we never discover what we Could achieve and be. Their is a spell .. „You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.“. Can you relate to that?
      If there is anything about you that you don’t like, change it! Bismillah, make these walls collapse and allow yourself to go further! You know, I know this from myself , cause sometimes I fall into the same trap, but if you think about it, it is really really stupid. There is something about you that you don’t like and want to change. But because you’re telling yourself this is just the way you are, you convince yourself that you are not able to change it anyway. But this is so wrong!! It’s like someone who says „I’m so messed up“. No, he isn’t. Just because he messed up in the past, doesn’t mean that he is messed up. But if he convinces himself of that than, of course, his efforts to change his sitaution will be very little. Don’t do that to yourself, remember who your lord is, He is the almighty, all-powerful, all-merciful ..so whatever it is that you are suffering from: you CAN, you CAN, you CAN, okay ? We cannot Allow ourselves to think otherwise .. never ever give up on yourself and trust Allah. He is always there for you to listen to your problems.

And I’m sorry if I didn’t get your problem at all, but if this helped a little bit, alhamdulillah and may Allah give you peace of mind, brother and help you to be the best you that is possible :)

Wassalamu alaikum

• muslim says:

there is sth I wanted to add..

brother, if your relationships with people bother you that much and you want to change sth about it, I guess you first need to Accept that this is just the way it is, you are – at this moment. just accept it, without putting yourself down for it. There were certain circumstances in your life (kind of a social isolation outside your familiy, ..?) that led you to that point and certainly we don’t always had a choice in the way we were brought up. This is part of qadr from Allah, and I’m sure there was sth good for you in it also. Maybe Allah protected you through this from the great fitna of a bad sourrounding or friends, do you know that? Maybe this way you developed a strong relationship with your mother – on whose feet your paradise lies – I don’t know, you know your sitaution better than I do, if you think really hard inshaAllah you will find some really good things that Allah blessed you with through this.

Still.. that doesn’t mean if there is sth in your sitaution that bothers you, that you should not try to change it – of course you may do so and may Allah help you with that. BUt you shouldn’t put yourself down for it, that’s what I wanted to say! :)

and there is anotherr advise I would like to share with my brothers and sisters ..that goes to me as well as to everyone else. you know, I guess we often have problems in our lifes cause we lack islamic knowledge.

if we only really KNEW who Allah is, I could imagine much of the trouble we put ourselves in, wouldn’t even occur – and the hardships that come from outside would have a different taste.

at this point I would like to turn your attention to a great website and opportunity: the islamic online university from bilal philips (who also seems to be responsible for the content of this article, as it seems :))
      mashaAllah, his university is really good, actually you even have the option to chose between diploma courses which are totally free and deal with some important topics of our religion in an organized manner or, if you want to go deeper, you can even make a whole bachelor in islamic studies online – and pay comparatively only very little.

If anyone is interested, this is the link: http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/

17. Araaza says:

Assalamualekum..mashallah this article is very nice…I’m suffering from depression from past 2months..it seems as if I’m a toy for everyone.no one loves me or cares for me..actually there was a guy who loved me a lot n I loved him too(astaghfirullah)bt we couldn’t marry due to his family problems..I cry whole day n I don’t feel like doing anything..suggest me sisters how can I overcome my depression..

18. Fahmi says:

Never fast in extreme depressions, you will need a lot of energy to fight depression and an empty stomach makes things worse (personal experience).Treat depression as an illness and take professional help and always remember Allah.
    Watch this video of yasir Fazaga