When you’re weary and alone, let faith carry you

Desert buttes

There are times when we’re alone, discouraged, and just plain weary. Times when it seems like there’s no one left who matters.

That’s when faith counts more than ever. That’s when faith is tested.

Don’t give up. Keep hope in your heart. Remember that in the darkest cave, the deepest canyon, the most barren desert, Allah is still there.

Let faith carry you at those times, and let Allah guide you, and you will come through to a better place. It’s a promise from Allah:

“And whoever is conscious of Allah, He will make for him a way out (from every difficulty). And He will provide for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things.” (Quran: 65/2-3)

Wael Abdelgawad is an Egyptian-American living in Fresno, California. He is the founder of several Islamic websites, including Zawaj.com and IslamicAnswers.com, and also of various technology and travel websites. He is a writer and poet, and has been a web developer since 1997. This project, IslamicSunrays.com, is very dear to his heart, as it has allowed him to express ideas that have growing inside him for many years. Wael is divorced and has one lovely young daughter. He practices and teaches martial arts (somewhat obsessively), and loves Islamic books, science fiction, and vanilla fudge ice cream. Wael is an advocate for human rights and blogs about these issues at AbolishTorture.com. He is also a volunteer with the MyDeen Muslim youth organization in Fresno. Wael tagged this post with: , , , , , , Read 259 articles by
  1. friend says:

asalamalaikum,

allah will bless you . exactly what i was looking for. feeling very rubbish and need Allah to be with me. thank you wael for putting this up.

friend.

2. Faith says:

Yes, I will carry all! lol đŸ˜‰

Jokes aside, very short yet very powerful. Mashallah.

Salaam.

3. MarĂ­a M says:

This beautiful post reminds me of the poem of “Footprints in the Sand”, this poem touched me deeply the first time I read it.

Thank you for reminding us how blessed we are and how it shows on tough moments.

Wasalam,
    MarĂ­a

4. munazah says:

I m highly inspired by this post.

5. Ahmed says:

S.A.

I read several pages from your website, starting with the one where you tell about your experience.

I filed for divorce, I had to, from my wife whom I still love despite everything she did to me – including getting a restraining order which was lifted,agsinst me .

I have 2 kids and it is not easy to deal with it.

Thank you for your website.

6. ayesha says: