Photo Gallery: Muslims Praying in Amazing Places

Over the years I’ve collected these photos of Muslims praying in amazing and interesting places. And one or two that are simply cute :-) When the salat time comes, no matter where they are, they bow their heads in adoration to Allah. Some of them are in places of hardship or discomfort, and some in surroundings that are beautiful, stark or strange. Regardless, they give Allah His due, not minding their circumstances. They inspire us all. May Allah reward them.

Did you enjoy this? See also: Muslims Praying in Amazing Places, Part 2

Wael Abdelgawad is an Egyptian-American living in Fresno, California. He is the founder of several Islamic websites, including Zawaj.com and IslamicAnswers.com, and also of various technology and travel websites. He is a writer and poet, and has been a web developer since 1997. This project, IslamicSunrays.com, is very dear to his heart, as it has allowed him to express ideas that have growing inside him for many years. Wael is divorced and has one lovely young daughter. He practices and teaches martial arts (somewhat obsessively), and loves Islamic books, science fiction, and vanilla fudge ice cream. Wael is an advocate for human rights and blogs about these issues at AbolishTorture.com. He is also a volunteer with the MyDeen Muslim youth organization in Fresno. Wael tagged this post with: , , , , , , , Read 245 articles by
  1. Striving Soul says:

Lovely photos, I thought you had actually taken them yourself until I realised I’ve seen half of them of before, lol. Amazing though maashAllah.

There really is no excuse not to pray is there :O).

2. wael says:

Oh yeah, I zip all over the world so I can be right there with my camera when a Muslim starts to pray, ha ha. Those first photos of the Muslims praying Jumah in the snow in Kazakhstan… SubhanAllah. Most of us have it easy by comparison.

• Nawel says:

BREATHTAKING!! Jazak Allah for sharing.
      I’ve been trying to collect those photographs since a while to show the beauty of our Deen to some non-Muslim friends, and alhamdulillah your collection came on my way! My favorites may be the snow ones, but, man, they’re all so precious!! ^^
      I love photography, but I started taking photos outdoors just recently. I wish I could be there when a similar scene comes my way; I would just take a snap and hurry to do my own Salah :).
      Ok, I’ve said a lot :-)…may Allah reward you, brother.

Salam.

You’re welcome, Nawel. I collected these over the course of four or five years, and now I’m working on a new collection.

Keep up your photography. Maybe do some reading on photography, and even take some courses. There’s a lot to learn as far as angles of light, framing the subject, use of color, etc.

I hope to see some of your photos someday Insha’Allah.

Wael

• Nawel says:

Insha Allah, brother.
          I take my photographs randomly (although my friends say they turn out good), but I need some instruction indeed : ).
          I hope to create my own website soon, insha’Allah, so that I can share what I can see and others can’t.

Best,

Nawel

• keep your trust in AllahSWT says:

Salamualaikum Wr Wb Bro Wael!

JazakAllah Khair for compiling these amazing pics!
      Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alameen for the greatest gift (ISLAM!)
      Btw bro it’ll be really nice of you to edit or remove the last pic coz a girl’s legs are completely uncovered and i wana share this page with my dad and others inshAllah!

• Mohd Younis says:

Oh! GOD bless them in each & every way

3. Striving Soul says:

Brother Wael, Superman, haha, lol.

Whats great is when you’re in Makkah, the adhan goes and everyone stops what theyre doing whether theyre in shops or markets or anywhere. The roads and streets fill up with neatly lined rows of people ready to pray with no fuss. What else other than the call to prayer can manage to organise so many millions of people into straight rows facing the same direction within a minute! Amazing.

4. ABDvahid, says:

Heiii, u all… Plz look at that pictrs… What a amazng togthernershp of muslim peoples… Its power of beleif to ‘allah’..
    Hei guys ur attention plz..” there is no god but allah”

5. Fatima Lauren says:

Assalamu Alaikum Wael,

You are doing a wonderful job on Zawaj.com and AbolishTorture.com. You should be proud of yourself. Have you ever considered trying to find a wife, And Step-mother for Salma on your website? Anyway….

Allah Hafiz,
    Fatima Lauren Hajoui

Wa alaykum as-salam Fatima. Thanks for your comments about my work. Well, this is a somewhat personal subject, but yes, I have tried a few matrimonial services (funny, I know, since I run one) but not have had any luck.

Wael

6. amina says:

mashallah allah tabarq wa tawallah may make all your things in a simple way inshallah,thank you for providing us with an i’limu that we didint know it before

7. Mohammed Bolori says:

This collection is beautiful. It signifies how important is to all muslims. May Allah guide us. Amin.

8. yusuf says:

Alhamdulillah, Allah taufeek day her muslalmaan ko

9. Imran says:

assalam brothers ils very good see here
    becoz good is alwayz good i love islam and my ALLHA MUHAMMED (SLW)

10. Raudhah says:

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatu.

Thank you for posting the photos of Muslims praying at amazing places.. I was trully inspired by it. SubhanAllah!!!
    There is no excuse for missing solat even when I am sick. I have shared this with my friends as a gentle reminder to all of us..

Syukran!

11. Mohd Altaf. says:

Aslamalaikum….Subanallah ..may Allah SWT make all muslim to pray 5 times daily namaz.

12. K.ibrahim says:

Bismillah,ir-Rahman,ir-Rahim.
    Ashahadu An Laa illaaha illal llahu
    Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan Abdu Hu Wa Rasooluhu

”I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah
    who is without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) is the Rasool.”
    “O Allah, Shower Your Peace come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have brought peace to Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. O Allah, Shower your blessing upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious”.
    Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam, As-Salaam Alaikum!
    My Name is Khalid U.Ibrahim. I am in need of your (Du’a) Prayers for ALLAH’s Help and Protection. (Ya ALLAH!) OALLAH! I Beg of you to Bestow on us (the Believing Muslims) a Home, a Home of Safety, Security and Peace in this World Life, Out of the Reach of the Dajjal and his army, and also Grant us a Home of Safety,Security and Peace in the Life Hereafter,Out of the Reach of the Fires of Hell!.(Ya ALLAH!) OALLAH! I Beg of you to Increase our Faith and Devotion, and to Bless us with Peace in our Hearts and Souls.(Ya ALLAH!) Please Forgive All The Believing Muslims,(Ya ALLAH!) Please grant All the Believing Muslims the Best in this world Life and the Best in Hereafter, and(Ya ALLAH!) Please Protect us(the Believing Muslims) from own Nafs, and(Ya ALLAH!) Please Protect All the Believing Muslims from the hands of the Dajjal and his army.] {No One in this World care!} (Ya ALLAH!) OALLAH! I Beg of you for the means to do good, and to avoid evil, and Bless us to Love the poor, and I beseech you forgive us(the Believing Muslims) and have mercy on us. And When you subject the people of theWorld to trial, Protect us from being affected by it.(Ya ALLAH!) OALLAH! I Beg of you, your Love and Protection,and the Love of those who Love you, and Grant us the Love of all such actions that will bring us closer to you, with our Love and Devotion to you.(Ya ALLAH!) OALLAH! I thank you for all your Mercy and Protection that you have bestowed on us, and all that you have given us in these trouble times that we are facing,(Al-Hamdolillah!).

13. mamo abdullah says:

MashaAllah, this show dedication beyond imagination especially, those praying in the snow. May Allah reward all muslims InshaAllah.

14. Khan says:

Aslamalaikum… JazakAllah… i will never leave my salat now.InshAllah

15. Peerzada Burhan says:

assalamu alaikum,,, jazakallah dear,,, wat a nice work,,, inshallah almighty ALLAH will be vry happy with u always,,, do remember me in ur duas,,,

16. Sara says:

Mashallah so nice ones! Good job! By the way, there is a picture I have seen for a guy praying underwater (i guess it was a person diving). It would be nice to add it too! Thank you bro

17. Muhammad1982 says:

This is an amazing collection bro:) Really loved it and it was a boost for my imaan alhamdullilah thinking that how much Allah (swt) has blessed us with by providing very favourable condition to worship him. Subhan Allah. Keep up the good work.

Wasalam.

18. Doa Buat Muslimin Muslimat | says:

[...] p/s : Gambar from This Site [...]

19. Stick says:

My favorite one isn’t posted here! Look for a video of a guy in NYC who is praying while standing on the back of his taxi. You can search youtube for the phrase ‘praying on taxi’. I wish I could take a screenshot and add it to this collection of images.

20. Nusrat Giga says:

Mashallah they are so amazing. . . This is one proof that islam is in our heart . . Anywhere we get we can pray. . ALLAH IS ALWAYS WITh everyone. . . My dear muslims . . Always have faith :)

21. Nusrat Giga says:

Mashallah. Well done these pictures touched my heart. . Wallah , . . Asalaam aleikum. . My muslim brother and sisters. . Always have faith in Allah in every problem just keep on praying never loose hope Allah never ignores giving you anything instead gives you only what is meant for you .. So when you don’t get what you want just keep on praying and you’ll get the things which are meant for you. . Khudahafis. .

22. imran husain says:

MA-SHA ALLAH
    Brother i have no words to express u’r thanks.
    Because it show us perform salat in any condition & at any place.

JAZAK-ALLAH

23. Fakir shohagh hossen says:

24. Anum says:

Salam Bro Wael,
    The pics were amazing,the salat in snow and the salat in airplane made me cry…JazakAllah

25. Munwar ali says:

Subanallah…………………..!
    Allahhuakbar,, ,, Namaz is compulsory for every matured MAN’s and WOMEN’s. I say only one line
    “NAMAZ PADIYE IS SE PAHELE TUMARI NAMAZZ PADIJAYE”………….!
    Jazakallah humma khaira..

26. dr.farhad says:

salam mr. wael
    I see your site for first time and its amazing website
    I have An advice for you
    you need a programmer to programing a web site or an iPOD program like the (athan) for mobile and PC …
    the idea is ( silat o al-arham ) ( Arham ) to promoting and schedualing the relationship with our arham by time and name and (munasabat) and programing it .
    i need duaa .

27. Rizwan khan says:

Salam,,, these are all amazing pictures that mede me cry

JAZAKALLAH

28. Prayanywhere says:

We have many of these pics on our site promoting prayer everywhere and anywhere. Check some of the other pics there as well inshallah!

29. umra says:

ya Allah how i waste my time may Allah forgive me

30. [...] it the flexibility of praying everywhere), but there is a lot of beauty in the saying. There is a great picture set (although with not many women) of people praying in a variety of places. I love the fact that this [...]

31. mohammed says:

I’m Arabic Muslim man . from Syria but really this is the greatest pictures i have seen especially the prayer on the snow. thanks for every one take part in this work

32. Nooh' says:

I ? u fillaah’

33. nourhan says:

Gorgeous:)))

34. nisa says:

Subhannalloh.. very amazing.. I love this pictures.. May Alloh bless you..

35. liyaqat ali says:

Aslamalaikum… JazakAllah… i will never leave my salat now.InshAllah

36. Omar j.E says:

Assalamualaikum…
    The pictures are too amazing…

Wassalam…

37. Touseefaltaf says:

Jazakallah khair brother….nice work to show ur love for Islam

38. Hashmatullah says:

Subhanallah Thank you for sharing dear Muslim bro>

39. muslim says:

Salam aleikum.
    I have two questions: is it allowed for a female to pray alone on the streets? Or even if she is with a husband, can she make all the required movements of the salah kn the streer so that other men can see her?

And also i haveba question regarding making salah on high objects as wall, stones, shop roofs, etc.. Are not we supposed to be on a low place so that when we make prostration we put our head down low infront of Allah?… I dont know about this thats why i ask. Please dont read my questions as if i claim them to be truth, no i am seeking an answer for them.

May Allah bless you all my dear brothers and sisters in islam!

40. mohammad shahid khan says:

masaha ALLAH. may ALLAH alway’s bless them. *ALLAH* is the greatest of all.* ALLAHU AKBAR* & SALLALLAHU ALAIHI WA AALIHI WASALLAM.

SHAHID KHAN FROM AJMER SHARIF INDIA.

41. Maulana Malik Ibrahim says:

Subhanallah.., this is not good.
    It’s superb. Great job and inspirational.

42. Ayisha Ghani says:

Alhamthulillah Masha allah what a amazing pictures
    Thanks for sharing to all the muslims
    ***ALLAH HE IS ALWAYS GREAT N POWERFUL***